I started planning and cooking meals at the age of ten, and I know there are tons of other young cooks doing the same! Our goal is to teach techniques, confidence, and inspire. We offer skill building classes for teens, families, and the most unforgetable celebrations.
Skill Building Classes
Cooking 101 - We start with knife skills and end with delicious results. Exclusively for teens, topics cover real food like soup and bread from start to finish, how to cook meat, fish and chicken, and getting the most from herbs and spices. The series includes a field trip to Buford Highway Farmers Market and tips on how to shop like a chef.
The Family Dinner -The days of Mommy and Me classes are far behind, but there is always an opportunity to bond in the kitchen. This is a hands on experience with participation from the entire clan. Families will cook their entire meal, get tips on how to repurpose left overs, and enjoy dining together.
We can make 16 really sweet or create a Mitzvah celebration that can’t be beat. The Hal’s Kitchen team works with your family to create an event which is to your own personal taste.
Just a few suggestions:
- Sweet Sixteen Cupcake Challenge
- Restuarant Recreations – your favorite restaurant recipes made by you.
- Hal’s Kitchen Challenge – who will be voted best in taste, presentation, and creativity
- Burger Bash – make unique burger, fries, and milk shakes
- Small Plates and Potions–appetizers and tapas paired with nuveau concoctions (non-alcoholic of course)